Now it is coming up to that time of year … yep babies, birthdays, xmas parties, you name it! SO I am going to share with you some simple options for making some divine handmade gifts that are cheap as chips!
These are all beautiful, low-cost, high-value and thoughtful pressies.
Personally, I am not a big fan of a million gifts and if I had my way we probably wouldn’t have any BUT one of my love languages is the gift of giving after all!
This year I will be creating hand made personalised gifts for all my loved ones that comes from the heart, made with care, thats great for mother nature and is also tox-free!
As I continue to strengthen my use of certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils, I have been creating some really beautiful presents that our friends and family love for a while now and I know that yours will too!!
Before you get started you’ll need some glass rollers, sprays or jars. You can get these online from sites like Pack My Product, AromaTools Australia or Diffusional You can even get products from eBay, your local health food store or kmart for glass jars (erm, or even your kitchen drawers!).
1. Magnesium Detox Bath Salts with lavender flowers
Grab yourself a glass jar from kmart or reuse one from the kitchen (give it a good wash first). You want to add 4-6 drops of Essential Oil per 1 cup of salt.
The below recipe makes 1 cup so I suggest that you batch make for a few gifts.
- 1 cup Epsom Salts (mix with Himalayan salts for extra luxe bath salts)
- 2 drops of Frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops of Lavender essential oil
- 2 drops of Wild Orange or Grapefruit essential oil
- 1 tbs dried flowers (Please use organic – you can usually get these from your local health food or wholefoods store)
Use 1/4 cup for each relaxing bath soak.
Why glass and not plastic?
The plastic can damage the integrity of essential oils so we don’t want to damage the properties and goodness of each gift!
2. Chakra Face and Body Mist
I get a 50ml spray bottle and then fill nearly to the top with filtered water (no chemical/treated water ploise).
Add up to 10 drops of pure, therapeutic grade essential oil to the bottle based on the oils that are aligned with the energy chakras of the body.
I tend to check the chakra chart and then see what I have in my ‘oils kitbag’ and blend a balanced face and body mist that supports the energy in that chakra. Whether to harness positive energy, or release that which does not serve me.
If chakra’s aren’t your thang then you can simply make a goddess face & body mist based on oils you choose, oils that will support the energy you want to harness or to relieve a particular issue.
Make sure you shake well before use. You now have a personally supportive, therapeutic and organic face and body mist for either yourself (‘cos whenever I make gifts I tend to make one for me too) or for a loved one.
3. Pure-fume Roller
Grab yourself some 5ml or 10ml rollers. I love the little 5ml rollers from Diffusional with gold lids for gifts.
Add 5 drops of Essential Oil for adults and top with fractionated coconut oil.
My personal favourites are:
- doTERRA Whisper & Grapefruit
- doTERRA Passion
- Balance & Wild Orange
- Bergamot, Frankincense & Ylang Ylang
- Bergamot, Frankincense & Lime
4. Marvin Gaye Romance Oil (sexy blend!)
This one is from Alice Nicholls over at The Whole Daily. Did you know that there are essential oils that are good for increasing the libido? Yep. Oils for S E X!
These oils include ylang ylang, clary sage, patchouli geranium and cinnamon.
You need a 10ml amber or glass rollerball. Add the following:
- 2 drops of cinnamon oil
- 2 drops of ylang ylang oil
- 2 drops of clary sage oil
- 2 drops of geranium oil
- top with a carrier oil like fractionated coconut oil
Apply to wrists, spine and neck on your romantic evening to seduce your lover.
5. Goddess Lipbalm
- 20 grams of organic beeswax (you can purchase this from your local health food store or eBay)
- 30 grams of organic coconut oil
- 4 drops in total of one or more essential oils for aroma (I love bergamot, grapefruit, lemon, tangerine or wild orange)
- Take a bowl and melt the wax. Wax should be melted on steam (do not use microwave as it is dangerous).
- Mix melted hot wax very well and add base oil (it can be one type of oil or even mix of base oils).
- Mix everything again and take bowl off the steam.
- Add drops of essential oil/s.
- Immediately spread balm into jars or tins.
6. Anti-Ageing and Skin Smoothing Face (and body) Oil
I love to use either organic Rosehip or Jojoba oil when creating any kind of face oil but you can choose whatever carrier oil you fancy.
You might even like to add some crystals or organic rose petals.
For each 50ml of carrier oil, I use 20 drops of pure essential oil.
Anti-ageing oils and skin smoothing oils I use are:
- Siberian Fir
Simply fill your 50ml dropper bottle nearly to the top with your carrier oil of choice. Add your essential oils i.e. 10 drops Lavender and 10 drops Frankincense. Apply morning and night after cleansing – bonus great for bumps, bruises, cuts, scars etc.
7. Himalayan Body Scrub
You’ll need some glass jars and again I would batch make for a few gifts.
- 1 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 cup Pink Himalayan salts (or you can use organic raw sugar)
- ¼ cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 15 drops favorite essential oil (I love grapefruit and clary sage but you can also use Lemon for a more detoxifying scrub)
- Melt coconut oil in microwave or over double boiler
- Once melted, remove from heat
- Add Fractionated Coconut Oil and Pink Himalayan Salt to melted coconut oil
- Stir until combined
- Add essential oil
- Let sit until coconut oil solidifies, stirring every 10 minutes
Tip: Put in refrigerator to speed up the cooling process.
- Stir until well combined and store in an airtight container
- To use, rub on skin and rinse with warm water
8. Lavender Infused Bedtime-Teddy
If gifting a snuggle teddy to a Mama or Bub why not gift them a bottle of Lavender or even make up a Lavender Room Mist.
Simply drip/spray some lavender on the teddy before bed and the child will sleep peacefully amidst the organic aroma of blissful soothing lavender.
Want a copy of my DIY Guide to Skincare and Cleaning for even MORE gift ideas? Then subscribe to my newsletter!
Don’t yet have yourself oils? The head to here and follow prompts to grab some now and be part of my oily tribe!
Images: Alice Nicholls, The Whole Daily