Yesterday morning I had the pleasure of teaching some mamas about how to safely use oils during pregnancy, labour, breastfeeding and also on their babes.
Because us mamas often forget to eat I whipped up some super simple snacks and lets face it, you can’t go past a bit of dark chocolate. Lets just say there wasn’t much left at the end of the class… (psssst. keep your eye out for my 2 ingredient quacamole!).
Dr Axe reports 7 awesome benefits to eating dark chocolate including:
- protection from disease-causing free radicals
- potential cancer prevention
- improved heart health
- good for overall cholesterol profile
- better cognitive function
- blood Pressure and blood sugar aid
- antioxidant-rich superfood
I reckon thats a permission slip to have a square or two a day right? 😉
Just think, you could eat a piece of lavender infused choc before bed or a slice of peppermint for a morning boost … need I say more?
- 1 – 2 blocks of organic dark chocolate
- doTERRA essential oils*
- coconut, chia seeds, nuts or rose petals for topping
*Please make sure if you are using essential oils in your food that are approved as food grade and are quality essential oils. I only use and trust doTERRA. You can purchase them here.
- Pop some baking paper in a tin, container or over a dinner plate
- Fill saucepan with 2 cups of water and bring to boil
- Break up the chocolate into a glass bowl or saucepan and place over boiling water in saucepan until soft/melted
- Once melted remove from steam
- Add 2-6 drops of essential oil and stir through [hot tip* start with less and taste before adding more – thank me later ;)]
- Pour into the container
- Top with coconut, chia seeds, nuts, rose petals or whatever takes your fancy
- Pop in fridge to set then cut up & serve!
I love to make up a big batch of different flavours and top with different toppings. Break up and pop in a container for late night bingeing 😉
HOW TO GET doTERRA OILS
Head to my page on ‘how to purchase’ to learn all about our starter kits and the best way to start your oily journey.
If you know what you want and want to skip ahead follows these steps:
Click this link: https://www.mydoterra.com/thegroundedmama
• Click Join and Save
• Click Join
• Choose the country and language that’s appropriate for you.
• Click ‘Local.’
• Choose Wholesale Customer
• Enter your personal information
• At *Enroller id* it should have my number if not enter 4036877
• Then click verify (it should then show you my name – Kelly Hensley)
• Set yourself up with a password
• Click over to the next page
• Select what enrollment kit you’d like to order (+ some fractionated coconut oil)
• Enter your Credit Card details and process your order